These websites may be helpful in your career planning and are offered as an information resource (not as an endorsement of any of the commercial websites listed below).
- Bay County Opportunity Connection - A central, county wide system (Bay County, Michigan) for recruiting and listing opportunities that employers are willing to provide for students and educators.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - The granddaddy of Web-based salary and labor market data, though it can be a little difficult to navigate.
- Career Coach - Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training for your region.
- CareerOneStop - a U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration sponsored website that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals to foster talent development in a global economy.
- Inside Jobs - A place where people can explore what opportunities exist and learn what paths can take them there. We know this experience must be simple and rewarding, and we're striving to make it easy for you to navigate your career and education choices.
- Mind Tools - Mind Tools mission is to help you understand the essential skills and techniques that will help you to excel in your career, whatever your profession.
- Michigan Occupational Reports - Search for reports on over 400 occupations listed in alphabetical order. Each report contains information about that occupation's job duties, salary or wages, education or training requirements, employment outlook, career ladder, related occupations and much, much more.
- Michigan Labor Market Information - The Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth, Labor Market Information (LMI) website. The official source of a wide array of information on Michigan's labor market.
- Michigan Center for Nursing - A site with a wide variety of information about nursing careers and training.
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth - The states workforce development agency with information on job training opportunities and services to employers.
- National Association of Colleges and Employers - connects campus recruiting and career services professionals, and provides best practices, trends, research, professional development, and conferences.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - The online version of the well known job information directory published by the Federal government. This book is also available in the Delta College Career Center.
- O*NET Online - An online occupational information network.
- Occupational Outlook Quarterly - A periodical from the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics that provide employment projections, economic growth reports and labor force analyses.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect- In addition to learning about high-demand careers and obtaining the credentials necessary to meet employer needs, 14 Lifelong Soft Skills eLearning modules have been developed to provide a universally accessible training resource for those preparing to enter the workforce.
- Americans with Disabilities Act – The ADA website provides access to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations for businesses and State and local governments, technical assistance
- Michigan Rehabilitation - MRS works with eligible customers and employers to achieve quality employment outcomes and independence for individuals with disabilities
- Job Accommodation Network - An international toll-free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities. JAN also provides information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Career Education Consumer Report - Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth directories and search programs for finding jobs, education and training resources and career information.
- EducationPlanner - EducationPlanner is a career and college planning site with information to research careers, choose a post secondary school, apply on-line, and find ways to finance your education.
- LibrarySpot.com - A library search engine with hundreds of links.
- StudentAid.gov - Get ready for college or career school, learn about federal student aid and how to apply using the FAFSA, and get information on repaying student loans.
- What Can I Do With A Major In....? - A convenient website maintained by Arizona State University that helps you connect majors with careers.
- What Can I Do With A Major In....? - A site maintained by the University of North Carolina at Wilmington Career Services.
Internships and Apprenticeships
Resumes, Cover Letters, & Interviewing
- Glassdoor - Access to Glassdoor's information about salaries, employees' opinions about employers, sample interview questions asked by employers, job postings.ind interview questions specific to the position you are interviewing for.
- Online Tutorials for Your Career Planning - Examples of Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviewing tips.
- Ready Prep Interviewing - Find interview questions specific to the position you are interviewing for.