- Department of Public Safety 9111
- If Public Safety cannot be reached 911
A psychological crisis exists when an individual is threatening harm to himself/ herself or to others, or is apparently out of touch with reality for any reason; eg: severe drug reactions or a psychotic break which may be manifested by hallucinations, uncontrollable behavior, (or the person could be a State Hospital Walk-Away.)
If a psychological crisis occurs:
- Never try to handle a situation on your own, if you feel it is dangerous.
- Notify the Department of Public Safety of the situation, dial 9111. Clearly state that you need immediate assistance, give your name, your location and the area involved.
- In extreme emergencies, contact will be made by the Department of Public Safety with Bay County Central Dispatch, 911 for assistance where necessary.