If you want a career as a Radiographer but also have an interest in business management, consider this dual associate degree.
With this program, you have the opportunity to earn a second associate degree in general management at the same time as your radiography degree. It's a great way to get that business background and increase your earning potential!
Following validation for radiography, students can complete the business course requirements for the dual degree. This should be done before starting clinical radiography courses.
Interested in a career in radiography? Learn more about our region’s employment outlook and career opportunities you can pursue in this field of study.
Take X-rays and CAT scans, or administer nonradioactive materials into patient's blood stream for diagnostic purposes. Includes technologists who specialize in other scanning modalities.
median annual salary
annual job openings
are currently employed within Bay, Midland, Saginaw and Tuscola counties.
This number is expected to over the next four years.
of current workers will reach retirement age within the next ten years.
Visit Career Coach for more details.
About Delta's Program
At Delta, you get small classes, professors who see your potential and resources to help you succeed. Delta professors are here to teach. And, they're really good at it.
Education for radiographers is rigorous and includes classroom, laboratory and clinical experience. The program and the profession are physically and mentally demanding. The clinical and classroom experiences require approximately 40 hours of participation per week. This experience is primarily during the day; however, some evening experience is also required.
Radiographers are health professionals who work in hospitals, imaging centers, urgent care centers, physician offices and industrial sites. Radiographers can also obtain extra training, either on the job or via an educational program, to advance into specialty imaging areas such as computed tomography (CT), cardiovascular interventional imaging, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or mammography.
The Radiography Program at Delta College is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. To learn more concerning accreditation please go to their website at www.jrcert.org.
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 N. Wacker Drive Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Phone: (312) 704-5300
Getting your degree in the health field is unique compared to other programs. You must first take your prerequisite core courses, then you will apply for validation.
The Registrar's Office validates your prerequisite courses to confirm you are eligible to begin the clinical portion of your program.
- Declare the Radiography program.
- Meet with your advisor regularly. Stay on track with what you need to do to apply.
- Apply for validation with the Registrar's Office once you've started your final semester of prerequisite courses.
- Stay connected for important updates from Delta!
It is the usual practice to deliver the following courses as a blended course, delivery both face to face and online:
- RAD 120
- RAD 230
It is the usual practice to deliver the following courses as a fully online course:
- RAD 122
- RAD 205
- RAD 210
- RAD 212
- RAD 264
All other courses within the Radiography Program will be offered in a face to face or clinical format.
The program reserves the right to change these course offering formats in the event of unforeseen personnel and/or schedule changes. Students will be notified as soon as possible should this occur.
In the previous five years, 58 graduates have taken the credentialing examination for the first time. Of those, 55 were successful on their first attempt for a 94.8% pass rate.
In the previous five-years, 56 graduates have actively sought employment. Of those, 50 have found jobs in radiography within six-months of graduation, for an average employment rate of 89%.
We begin with 18 students each fall. Our program completion rates for the previous five years are as follows:
- 2012 13/18 graduating for 72% completion rate
- 2013 12/18 graduating for 67% completion rate
- 2014 10/18 graduating for 56% completion rate
- 2015 12/18 graduating for 67% completion rate
- 2016 13/18 graduating for 72% completion rate
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Exam Pass Rate
- 2012 100%
- 2013 100%
- 2014 70%
- 2015 100%
- 2016 100%
- 2012 82%
- 2013 82%
- 2014 90%
- 2015 100%
- 2016 100%
The mission of the Delta College Radiography program is to educate students to become competent Radiologic Technology professionals.
- The program will provide the health care community with competent entry-level radiographers.
- Graduates (students) will demonstrate appropriate interpersonal communication skills.
- Graduates (students) will demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- All graduates (students) will recognize the values and ethics of a professional radiographer and the importance of life-long learning.
- Students will be clinically competent.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Employers will indicate satisfaction with preparation of graduates.
- Graduates will indicate satisfaction with their preparation.
- Graduates will be able to competently perform all aspects of a radiographic examination.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT examination.
- Graduates will become employed as radiographers.
- The program will graduate students entering the program.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate interactions with others.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to present information.
- Graduates will be adequately prepared to think critically in order to meet patient needs.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the need for continued professional development.
- Students will demonstrate professional behaviors in the clinical environment.
- Students will apply positioning skills.
- Students will select appropriate technical factors.
- Students will practice radiation protection.
Why you should choose Delta
Students enrolled in the radiography program at Delta College gain valuable real-life experience through more than 1,500 hours of clinical internship.
Because our program utilizes only area hospitals for clinical experiences, students are able to commute from home.
Facts & Figures
100% of recent grads passed their ARRT exam.
100% employment of students who graduated in the last two years.
Delta College offers over 150 degree, certificate and training options. Continue exploring and advancing your education with these related programs: