Clinical Agency Requirements
As a clinical student, it is your responsibility to maintain current health records while in the nursing program. For admission to all clinical agencies, students must have on file a copy of the following items:
1. A Physical Examination is required (must use Delta's physical form) prior to entry into the the Nursing program of choice.
2. Annual Negative TB Skin Test (a positive skin test requires documentation by a physician’s statement or by a chest x-ray every two (2) years)
3. Hepatitis B Vaccine documentation or signed waiver form.
4. Influenza vaccination required annually
5. Immunization Documentation of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) (you are exempt if you were born 1957 or earlier)
6. Tetanus/Diptheria/Acellular (TD, Tdap) vaccination current within the last 10 years, or titer
7. Varicella vaccination or documentation of diagnosis or verification of disease by health care provider
Additional Program Requirements
- Current State of Michigan certification as a Nursing Assistant or equivalent (see Basic Nursing Skill Requirement) for students validated for the full-time ADN, part-time ADN, and Practical Nurse program Tracks.
- All students must have proof of CPR for the HealthCare Provider (American Heart Association) or CPR for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross). Your CPR must include 1 and 2-person Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant, Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques, bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant, Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant, Relief of choking for adult, child and infant, and CPR with an advanced airway. No exceptions!
- Fingerprinting (to be completed at Delta's Public Safety Office) must be completed before entering the clinical agency. The cost to students for Fingerprinting is $75. Please make checks payable to Delta College. Students must go to the Delta College Bookstore and inform them you are there to pay for fingerprinting for the nursing program. The Bookstore will provide you with a receipt/voucher for payment. You must schedule your fingerprinting with the Public Safety Office in N102. Simply present your receipt/voucher (obtained from the college bookstore) and your completed Delta College LiveScan Fingerprint Request Form (PDF) to the Public Safety Office, then schedule your fingerprinting appt. We do not accept fingerprinting from other agencies.
- Additional documents will be provided at orientation.