Submit a Book Request from Interlibrary Loan
Submit a Periodical Request from Interlibrary Loan
Submit a Request to Place Items on Reserve
Submit a Request for the Purchase of Material
NEED TO KNOW!
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The Copyright Law of the U.S. (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copy order if, in its judgment fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Placing Material on Reserve
Personally owned materials may be put on reserve. Library materials from the circulating collection may be placed on reserve for the semester that the class is being held and returned to circulation at the end of the semester. Reference material and journals may not be placed on reserve. Copyright requirements must be followed.
Requesting Materials be Purchased for the Collection
The Delta College Librarians ask for faculty's assistance in requiring books for the collection. Please let us know, if you would like a particular resource added to the collection.
Guidelines for Consideration on all Library Materials
(NOT an all inclusive list)
- High standards of quality in content and format;
- Literary, artistic, social, etc. values;
- Appropriateness of undergraduate use in general education and/or occupational programs;
- Possibility of use for one or more courses, excluding textbooks;
- Patron interest if subject matter is of general or contemporary nature;
- Positive review evaluations in one or more of the accepted reviewing media and/or citations in specialized bibliographies or indexes;
- Permanence or timeliness, durability, and frequency of use;
Delta College Library, A-110
1961 Delta Road
University Center, MI 48710