Successful students completing the two courses, CNA-100W (classroom) and a corresponding CNA 100LW (clinical) section, will be eligible to test for the State of Michigan certification. Starting salary range for a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in the Great Lakes Bay Region is from $8-$12 per hour.
Benefits of Delta College CNA Education
• 50+ year history of providing exceptional healthcare education
• CPR and First Aid training are included in the course
• Comprehensive training, 116 hours of instruction
• Small class sizes for personal attention
• CNA courses are offered Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer semesters
• Cost is $850; that’s less than many other programs
What’s the job like?
As a nurse assistant, you will perform the tasks given to you by the nurse. After you finish the training program, you will be able to perform the following hands-on patient care procedures with supervision:
• Daily care including bathing, feeding, and dressing
• Vital sign measurement
• ROM exercises
• Safe ambulation/transfer techniques
• Dementia care strategies
• Specimen collection
• Apply to Delta College
• COMPASS Testing achieving a Reading Level 4, Writing Level 3, and Math Level 2
• A physical examination is required prior to entry into the CNA course, as well as a current negative TB test, proof of immunizations
(Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Tetanus (TD), and Hepatitis B
• Fingerprinting must also be completed before entering the clinical agency; the cost to students for fingerprinting is $75
For more information please contact: Jennifer Duncan, CNA Coordinator at email@example.com or 989-686-9500.