Honors Program scholarships
The President's Honors Scholarship (PHS)
Apply for the President’s Honors Scholarship beginning Monday, October 17, 2016
The application deadline is Tuesday, December 20, 2016
This FULL RIDE Scholarship provides the following:
· Tuition, fees, and required books for two years
· A travel scholarship of $500 will be set aside to be used toward a Delta College international Travel Study experience or a similar approved activity
· The $100 application fee to join PHI THETA KAPPA (PTK -- the international honor society for two-year colleges offers many transfer scholarships to universities around the country)
· Academic guidance from an Honors designated Counselor
Students who are awarded the President’s Honors Scholarship must
· Complete the federal aid application FAFSA (financial need not a requirement). Students may start applying for FAFSA beginning October 1, 2016. Our Financial Aid Office will assist you if needed.
· Attend Delta College full time beginning in Fall Semester 2017
· Seek and complete and associate degree in two years
· Maintain a minimum 3.25 G.P.A.
· Become a member of the Honors Program and complete the Honors Certificate requirements
The Honors Program has a specially designed curriculum, and opportunities for leadership, volunteerism, and travel study through the H.A.T.S (Honors Academic Travel Study) Program
· Complete 10 documented volunteer hours prior to your final semester
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Be a resident of Bay, Midland or Saginaw County
· Graduating from a Bay, Midland or Saginaw County high school in 2017
· Have a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or 4.1 or higher G.P.A. on a weighted scale
· Have a composite score of: ACT 25 or higher – OR – SAT equivalent
· Plan to earn a transfer degree or an occupational degree
TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP, you must
· Complete a Delta College Admissions Application (A student ID number is required for the scholarship application)
· Complete the online Scholarship Application PRIOR to the deadline of Tuesday, December 20, 2016
o Answer all application questions
o Complete one of the Honors’ essay questions
o There will be two other essay questions on the application that are for students who are not applying for the President’s Honors Scholarship or other Honors Scholarships. It is strongly advised that you also answer those two questions, so you can be considered for other scholarships if you do not receive the PHS or Honors scholarship.
o Upload the following documents
Two academic letters of recommendation (from teachers or counselors)
High School transcript
Unofficial ACT or SAT transcript
Apply for the President’s Honors Scholarship beginning Monday, October 17, 2016.
A link to the application will be posted here on October 17.
Remember you must apply to Delta College to receive your Delta student ID number. Your Delta ID number is required for the application so please plan accordingly.
The Scholarship application deadline is Tuesday, December 20, 2016. Please ensure that your application is completed prior to the deadline.
Communication with applicants will be made through your Delta College email address. Please establish a username and password for your Delta email account when your Delta student ID number is issued to you when you apply to Delta College.
Applicants selected for further consideration must be available for a face-to-face interview on January 20, 2017 or January 27, 2017.
Award decisions will be made on Monday, January 30, 2017.
Honors Program Scholarships
The Honors Program Scholarships are awarded to several Honors students each year. The scholarships are merit-based and no financial need is necessary. To apply for these scholarships students must have applied and been accepted into the Honors Program. Students must be registered for at least six credits. The instructions and application form can be found here. Applications are accepted January 8, 2016 - February 29, 2016.
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's mission is to help young people of exceptional promise reach their potential through education. Delta College can nominate up to two students hoping to transfer from two-year programs to four-year colleges and universities. More information will follow when it is made available.
Complete details on all scholarships are available through the Delta College Foundation Office.