Group Fitness Instructor
See Group Fitness Instructor - Advanced Certificate
Today's fitness industry is rapidly growing. Being a group fitness instructor is no longer about teaching aerobics. The modern group fitness instructor may be expected to teach a variety of specialties such as step aerobics, indoor cycling, yoga, Pilates, cardio kickboxing, weight training and conditioning, stability ball, and senior or child fitness classes. This program will offer the education and certification to teach safe and effective exercise to a wide variety of populations. An understanding of human anatomy and physiology will also be included.
Upon completion of this program, you will be eligible to sit for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor Certification exam.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead diverse populations in a variety of group fitness activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of appropriate warm-up, cool down, music tempo, exercise selection, and effective cueing.
- Modify negative health habits and maintain positive lifestyle behaviors for health promotion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applied exercise physiology and anatomy, exercise programming, emergency procedures and safety and group fitness program administration.
- Practice healthy lifestyle choices for themselves to model for clients, employees, and the general population.