Business Process Services
Delta College is offering the second 232 hour Fast Start training program in Business Process Services to meet the needs of employers in the Great Lakes Bay Region such as The Dow Chemical Company and TATA Consultancy Services in Midland. There are several positions available in the areas of finance, purchasing, supply chain, customer service, and administrative support. These employers are hiring and this program will provide the training for you to qualify for these jobs. Our employer partners offer base pay competitive in the region for administrative roles as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K and other benefits. Individuals successfully completing the program will have the qualifications to interview for these jobs.
While there are specific competencies required for each role, employees should have the following professional attributes:
- Customer Service
- Professionalism (respect, dependability, integrity, ethics, positive attitude, motivation to succeed)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, face-to-face)
- Flexibility and willing to adapt to change in the workplace
- Ability to solve problems and propose solutions
- Good time and priority management skills
Criteria: Employers are looking for individuals that meet the following criteria:
- An Associate degree and 1-3 years’ work experience.
- Completion of the Delta College Business Process Services Fast Start Program is given strong preference.
- Previous experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a regular, full-time, permanent basis.
- Strong work ethic, highly accountable, and able to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic math and reading skills. Certain roles will have additional proficiency requirements.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Committed to environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and leaders.
- Is customer focused, striving to understand and meet customers’ needs.
- Able to effectively communicate professionally with others to solve problems.
- Is a lifelong learner, willing to expand personal knowledge and responsibilities.
- Work overtime as needed (to meet project deadlines).
- Must successfully complete a background check and a drug screen.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
There will be 16 seats available in each class. Program slots will be offered to the applicants who best meet the candidate qualifications listed below:
1. ACT WorkKeys® Technical Skills Assessments
You are required to provide a copy of your WorkKeys® scores with your application.
The following four assessments are required:
- Applied Mathematics - Minimum Level 4 required (level 5 preferred).
- Reading for Information - Minimum Level 4 required (level 5 preferred).
- Locating Information - Minimum Level 4 required.
- Teamwork - Minimum Level 4 required.
WorkKeys® can be taken at Michigan Works! (At no cost if you are a program participant), or through Delta College LifeLong Learning Testing Services for a fee of $80. Please call 989-686-9444 or email email@example.com to schedule your WorkKeys® at Delta College.
2. Computer Skills (assessment)
Can be taken at online by using the links below at no charge. We will access the results online.
3. Work Experience
- Provide a copy of your resume showing how you meet employer’s criteria (listed above).
- Provide a copy of your DD214 (if veteran).
4. Educational Experience
Minimum level of Associate's degree is preferred, but not required. Please provide a copy of your highest education achieved.
- Have you attended classes at Delta College? If so, please provide either your Student Number or the last four digits of your Social Security number. We will obtain your Delta College transcript.
- Provide a copy of your transcripts from other colleges (student copy is acceptable) if applicable.
- Provide information on military training (if not on DD214) if applicable.
Financial Support may be available to those who qualify through Michigan Works!. Pell grants and federal student loans are not available for this program.
Fast Start 3 Schedule
TBD. We are working with our partners to determine an employment need prior to beginning Fast Start 3.
TBD. If you would like to apply to the Business Process Services 3 class you can complete and submit the application for class 2. We will accept applications, and notify applicants when a class has been scheduled.
Fill out the BPS Fast Start 2 Application (PDF) and submit to:
Delta College Room H-111
1961 Delta Rd.