Delta College Methods of Internal Communications
DELTA-L is the Delta College institutional listserv.
- Purpose: To serve as a tool for communicating institutional information and announcements, typically of an immediate nature. Attachments are allowed.
- Members: All full-time faculty and staff, as well as regular part-time staff including adjunct faculty and Board members are automatically subscribed.
- Posting: Delta-L messages to be posted to the listserv by designated persons throughout the College.
Examples of messages
- Death/funeral notices
- Board Action. Brief report of each Board of Trustees Meeting
- Human resources information about compensation, benefits or performance management
- Payroll announcements
- Communications from the President or Vice Presidents
- Campus wide announcements regarding facility repairs, etc.
- Emergency notifications and/or planned service disruptions (i.e. weather, phones, internet, safety messages, etc.)
- Communication of important deadlines (i.e. purchasing, finance, etc.) and employee events (learning days, benefits fairs, etc.)
The Delta News is an electronic communication method for college employees and is located on Inside Delta's landing pages for students and employees. The Delta News announces events, accomplishments, news, workplace and employment benefit notices, as well as thank you notes and similar information. Messages are usually posted for 2–4 days and can be submitted by any employee. Messages can be posted for the next day if it is received by 2pm. Submit events using the Delta News announcement form.
Examples of messages
- Thank you notes following funerals
- Birth announcements
- Campus event announcements
- Delta College Values
- News from Around Campus
- Delta College Dashboard information
This electronic newsletter is sent out bi-weekly throughout the year and monthly in July and August. It is created by the Marketing Department. The list of recipients includes everyone with an email address within the Foundation Office’s donor database, Raiser’s Edge, including donors, retirees and current employees, if they have provided an email address.
Content includes items that would be of interest to the broader community, including: Delta College awards and recognitions, Pioneer athletic updates, on-campus events that are open to the public, Public Broadcasting, Foundation and Planetarium updates.
Story ideas are taken from news releases, President’s Post and the Daily Difference.
This electronic newsletter is sent out monthly. It is from the College President. The list of recipients includes all full- and part-time employees of Delta College. A list of those individuals is obtained monthly by Marketing from the Human Resources department. All recipients are not provided an option of “opting out” of receiving future messages.
Topics include: Strategic initiatives, important all-college projects, announcements of College and personal staff awards, upcoming college, broadcasting, foundation or planetarium events, student successes and inspirational messages.
All College Forums
All College Forums will begin in Fall 2019, with a goal of presenting topics of interest to everyone on campus. All Forums will be no longer than 45 minutes and held on the third Wednesday of the month at 3:30pm in Room S105, for consistency.
Executive Council will be responsible for setting the topics and assigning ownership to the individual(s) who will be presenting. Executive Council is responsible for selection, approval and assignment of Forum topics, in alignment with the College’s strategic plan.
Following the Forum, the speaker responsible for presenting will forward 5-7 bullet points from the presentation to elected or designated workgroup representatives for: Executive Council, Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, A/P staff, Support Staff, and Facilities. These representatives will be asked to share further using internal listservs. This will ensure the message is shared prior to the next scheduled Forum. Also, leaders at each department will be encouraged to share Forum information during regularly scheduled team meetings.
The bulleted information will then be shared further in the following way:
- In the President’s Post (sent monthly by Marketing)
- With Trustees in their weekly newsletter (sent by the President's Administrative Assistant)
During the pandemic the forums have been replaced by virtual Town Hall meetings.
Production of Dateline Delta, a monthly news magazine about Delta, is coordinated by the Marketing Department in collaboration with Delta College Public Media. Dateline Delta is an excellent way to share what we are doing to serve our communities and to build enthusiasm and support for the College. So, please help us make Dateline Delta reflective of our quality education and services by sending us story ideas.
Please send topic suggestions to Leanne Govitz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: All suggestions may not be used, but we do appreciate your input.
All Delta College Employees
8/02, 2/04, 12/18, 8/19, 10/21