Delta College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). We were first accredited on March 27, 1968 and have maintained accreditation since that time.
We are part of the “standard” pathway with the HLC. The standard pathway has a ten-year accreditation cycle which includes completion of an annual institutional update; a comprehensive evaluation in year four of the cycle; and a comprehensive evaluation and federal compliance review in year ten.
The most recent action to continue our accreditation took place on October 26, 2020. The HLC’s action to continue accreditation took place following a “virtual” comprehensive quality review visit in May of 2020 and a follow-up “in-person” visit in September 2020.
The visit in 2020 was the last visit the College would have as part of the AQIP pathway. The HLC discontinued the AQIP pathway and now has two pathways for accreditation. Those are “standard” and “open.”
Delta College's accreditation timeline
- The Higher Learning Commission’s Institutional Actions Board took the action to officially continue our accreditation on October 26, 2020.
- Monitoring report mapping the location, ownership of institutional policies, and final language of institutional policies including its revised governance policy is due September 1, 2022.
- Monitoring report on assessment is due September 1, 2023.
- Monitoring Report on program review is due September 1, 2023.
- Comprehensive evaluation (year 4) will take place in 2023–2024.
- Next reaffirmation of accreditation is scheduled for 2029–2030.
More information about the Higher Learning Commission