You did it! Graduating from high school is a big deal. It's time to take that next step, and Delta is one you can be proud of.
There are a ton of reasons that students just like you choose Delta. Cost is the reason that usually comes to mind first, which makes sense, because getting a college education can be expensive. At Delta, the cost is less than half of what you'd pay at a university. So, you can transfer on (which we make easy to do) and save thousands (and thousands) of dollars and still get your bachelor's degree.
Another reason that's just as important, but less known, is Delta College is one of the top 60 community colleges in the nation, as determined by the Aspen Institute. Want to explore some other reasons why Delta is a great choice? Find out more about Delta.
Go ahead. Think big.
Follow these steps to starting classes at Delta and getting that much closer to reaching your career goals.
Not sure which career fits you?
FOCUS 2 is an online career and education planning system for helping you choose a major, build your career goals, and learn job information. Create a free account and use the access code: delta
Have questions for an Admissions Advisor?
Schedule a virtual appointment with a Delta College Admissions Advisor to get your pre-enrollment questions answered.
Create Your Admissions Account/Complete an Application. All new students will need to create an account and complete a Delta admissions application.
When creating your account be sure to do the following:
- Use a personal email address where you will have future access.
- Select the correct student type:
- Select “New Student” if you have never attended college.
- Select “New Student” if you were a previous dual enrolled student who is/or will be graduating
- Select “Returning Student” if you attended Delta previously.
- Select “Transfer Student” if you attended another institution previously.
Your Delta Portal gives you access to your Delta email and Student Self Service where you can register for classes, view and accept your financial aid, pay your bill and much more! The day after you receive your acceptance email with your student ID# you will need to create your Delta portal account. This account is different than your application account and should be setup prior to completing your next steps.
- Activate your Delta Portal: You will need your Delta Student ID # from your acceptance email and last four digits of your Social Security Number.
High school transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office (If you have graduated within the last three years or will be graduating this year).
Submit in one of the following ways:
- Request through Parchment or contact your high school or,
- Email your transcripts to email@example.com.
Delta requires students to meet placement levels for most courses. You can meet the placement options in one of three ways. Please submit the following as appropriate:
SAT test scores should be submitted to the Admissions Office (if taken within the past three years and meet the minimum scores of a 480 in Evidence Based Reading & Writing (EBRW) and 500 in Math)
Please submit scores one of the following ways:
If your SAT scores are listed on your high school transcript you do not need to resend.
The ACCUPLACER assessment identifies current skill levels in Math, Reading and Writing. If you do not meet the SAT minimum scores 480 in Evidence Based Reading & Writing (EBRW) and 500 in Math you must take the ACCUPLACER assessment.
- To request an appointment for remote ACCUPLACER assessment, please fill out the ACCUPLACER Appointment Request Form through the Delta College Testing Center.
If you attended another institution you will need to have your official transcripts sent to Delta’s Registrar’s Office. If you are not transferring in a college level Math and English course you should take the ACCUPLACER assessment.
To submit transcripts choose one of the following options:
- Electronic: Delta College accepts secured PDF or Electronic Exchange transcripts via the National Student Clearinghouse , Parchment or directly from your previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Delta College will only accept “official transcripts” mailed directly to the college from the issuing institution. 1961 Delta Rd, University Center, MI 48710, Attn: Records & Registration
*Please note, transcript evaluation may take 2-4 weeks. You will receive an email to your Delta email when they have been evaluated.
Not sure how you are going to pay for classes? Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the best place to start. It is FREE to complete and is required for most types of aid including: loans, scholarships, federal Pell Grant, Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) and other state programs. Keep in mind that FAFSA can take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to process so start early.
Completion of the FAFSA
- Create your Federal Student Aid ID
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Delta’s FAFSA code is 002251.
- You will receive an email to your Delta email from financial aid with further details.
All new Delta students are required to complete a New Student Orientation. Once you have completed STEP #4 please contact the Admissions Office at 989-686-9093 or contact your Admissions Advisor to schedule. Delta College staff will cover various topics to help you PIONEER your path to success. You will also meet with your Student Success Advisor to help you plan and schedule your academic future.
Once you have completed your New Student Orientation and met with your Student Success Advisor, you are ready to register for classes. Simply log into your Delta Portal, click “Student Self-Service” menu, and then click the “Student Planning” link.
- Before logging in, download our Step-by-step registration guide to help you along the way.
- If you are having trouble registering please contact the Advising office at 989-686-9330.
Tuition must be paid by the payment due date or at the time of course registration. You are responsible for paying any balance which is not covered by your financial aid package.
Delta offers a variety of payment options:
- Pay online through your Delta Student Portal (Student Self-Service)
- Contact Cashier’s office by phone at 989-686-9394
- Signup for a no interest tuition payment plan.
*The college reserves the right to drop you from courses if a payment is not received by the payment due date. A $40 non-refundable fee is charged when you register for classes.
All books and supplies are available to purchase or rent through the Delta College Bookstore.
- The bookstore is located in N015 on main campus.
- Books are available approximately three weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Check your Delta email account often!
- Download the Delta College App. Go to the App Store or Google Play and search Delta College.
- Sign up for Emergency Text Notifications
- Learn more about our online learning environment by watching our E-Learning Video.
- Registration begins - March 17, 2020
- First payment due date - April 13, 2021
- Classes begin - May 15, 2021
- Registration begins - April 13, 2021
- First payment due date - July 27, 2021
- Classes begin - August 28, 2021
It's easy to settle. It's challenging to set ambitious goals and go after them. Be ambitious. Think big about your future.
Less than half the cost of a public university, with the same quality education.
An interest-free tuition plan that spreads out your payments.
Half of Delta students receive some form of assistance.
"I expected a lot out of Delta and it met all my expectations. I anticipated that, yes it would be hard, but people are there to help me, and I have gotten exactly that."
Delta College Graduate