You did it! Graduating from high school is a big deal. It's time to take that next step, and Delta is one you can be proud of.
There are a ton of reasons that students just like you choose Delta. Cost is the reason that usually comes to mind first, which makes sense, because getting a college education can be expensive. At Delta, the cost is less than half of what you'd pay at a university. So, you can transfer on (which we make easy to do) and save thousands (and thousands) of dollars and still get your bachelor's degree.
Another reason that's just as important, but less known, is Delta College is one of the top 60 community colleges in the nation, as determined by the Aspen Institute. Want to explore some other reasons why Delta is a great choice? Find out more about Delta.
Go ahead. Think big.
Follow these steps to starting classes at Delta and getting that much closer to reaching your career goals.
Create an account (use personal email) and submit a new application based on your student type. This is important so you receive the correct communications from the college on the enrollment process.
Choosing the correct student type:
- Select “New Student” if you have never attended college.
- Select “New Student” if you were a previous dual enrolled student who is/or will be graduating
- Select “Returning Student” if you attended Delta previously.
- Select “Transfer Student” if you attended another institution previously.
Step #2: Guided Self-Placement Survey
This quick survey allows you more flexibility to select the math and English courses that best align with your academic pathway, experience and comfort level. After you submit your application:
- Log back into your application account
- Under Action, click the word View
- Click on Admissions Steps
- Click Start next to GSP survey
About four hours after receiving your acceptance email, you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on setting up your Delta account.
This account will give you access to your Delta email, Student Self-Service and much more. The activation process is most easily done on a device other than your cell phone.
Need help setting up your MFA? We have a team available to assist you with access issues to campus technology. You can also check out our online step-by-step guides.
Once the admissions office has received notice that you've completed the above steps, you'll be sent an email to your personal email with instructions to self-register for online orientation. Complete the orientation and the pre-advising form included at the end.
All new Delta College students are required to complete online orientation and the pre-advising form.
Not sure how you are going to pay for classes? Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the best place to start. It is FREE to complete and is required for most types of aid including: loans, scholarships, federal Pell Grant, Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) and other state programs. Keep in mind that FAFSA can take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to process so start early.
Completion of the FAFSA
- Create your Federal Student Aid ID
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Delta’s FAFSA code is 002251.
- You will receive an email to your Delta email from financial aid with further details.
Your Student Success Advisor will pre-plan courses for you based on the pre-advising form. They will notify you via your Delta email with your course advisement as well as registration information. Be sure to accept the financial agreement prior to registering.
Once you've received your plan from your advisor, check out our step-by-step registration guide to help you along the way.
If you are having trouble registering please contact the Advising office at 989-686-9330.
Tips For Success
- Visit campus by scheduling a tour
- Think about your payment options
- Buy your books (books are usually available 3 weeks prior to the start of the semester)
- Registration - open now!
- First payment due date - April 5, 2022
- Classes begin - May 9, 2022
- Open registration - March 18, 2022
- First payment due date - July 26, 2022
- Classes begin - August 27, 2022
It's easy to settle. It's challenging to set ambitious goals and go after them. Be ambitious. Think big about your future.
Less than half the cost of a public university, with the same quality education.
An interest-free tuition plan that spreads out your payments.
Half of Delta students receive some form of assistance.
"I expected a lot out of Delta and it met all my expectations. I anticipated that, yes it would be hard, but people are there to help me, and I have gotten exactly that."
Delta College Graduate