New Student Checklist
Follow these 3 easy steps and be on your way to start classes at Delta College.
You can download a PDF of this information in the right-hand column of this page.
These items can be completed online at your own pace.
Complete your Application
- Apply online at delta.edu or submit an application directly to the Admissions Office in D121 on Main Campus
Apply for Financial Aid
- Fill out the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov and use Delta’s school code of 002251
- Delta College offers a variety of financial aid programs, scholarships, aid, and on-campus employment. For more information visit delta.edu/financial-aid-office.
Submit Official Transcripts and Test Scores
o ACT School Code: 1966
o SAT School Code: 1816
- Please request any official high school transcripts, any official college transcripts, and any ACT/SAT scores to be submitted to the Admissions Office.
Set up your MyDelta Account
- MyDelta is the main communication tool for our students. To activate your account visit delta.edu, click on MyDelta on the top right corner, click “What’s My Username/Password”, and then follow the prompts. You will need your student ID number in order to complete this step. This number will be included with your acceptance letter.
Complete your Virtual Orientation
- All new Delta students must complete the Virtual Orientation. This can be started after your MyDelta account is set up. It only takes about 30 minutes to complete. Complete your Virtual Orientation by logging into MyDelta; click Student menu; click Online Orientation under Other Resources.
Get ready to take your Assessment Exam
- Course placement can determine some of the classes you are able to take. Be prepared. Go to delta.edu/llic/testingcenter for more information and practice material.
These items need to be completed on campus and could take several hours to complete. A valid picture ID will be required for some of these steps.
Complete your Assessment Exam
- Delta requires that new students complete an assessment exam or have appropriate scores on the ACT/SAT. The assessment exam identifies current skill levels in Math, English, and Reading and could impact which courses you may enroll in.
- Testing is on campus on a walk in basis. Please visit the Testing Center in A133 on main campus. You will receive your results upon completion of the exam.
Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Following your Assessment Exam you will meet with an Academic Advising. Our Advisors will walk you through your class selection, what your placement scores mean, what services we offer, and will get you started in reaching your goals.
- Appointments are on a walk in basis at the Counseling and Advising Office in D102 on main campus.
Get your Delta Student ID
- Stop by the Counseling and Advising Office (Room D102) or the Public Safety Office (Room A133) to receive your official Delta Student ID.
These items can be completed online or on-campus
after step 2.
Register for Classes
- Student can register for classes online though their MyDelta account. Simply log in to MyDelta, click “Student” menu, and then click the “Student Planning” link.
- Course registration opens at different times of the year depending on which semester you are starting.
o Winter semester registration typically begins in October.
o Spring/Summer semester registration typically begins in March.
o Fall semester registration typically begins in April.
- Tuition must be paid by the payment due date or at the time of course registration. Delta offers a variety of payment options:
o Pay online through your MyDelta account
o By phone or in person at the Finance Office in Room B118 or by phone at 989-686-9394.
o Signing up for our convenient Tuition Payment Plan through your MyDelta account.
- Remember your reserved seat in a class will be dropped if you don’t make a payment by the due date.
Get Your Books
- All of your books and supplies are available through the Delta College Bookstore. Students are able to purchase or rent their books at the bookstore or online. The Delta Bookstore is located in room N015 on main campus. Bring your class schedule from your MyDelta account with you and you’ll be ready to go.
You are now ready to start your classes and are one step closer to reaching your goals!
D121 on Main Campus
Counseling/Advising/Career Services Office
D102 on Main Campus
Financial Aid Office
D101 on Main Campus