We know continuing your education is a big deal. And, making the right choice is really important to you, and your family.
When you choose Delta, you're choosing one of America's leading community colleges – recognized for our innovation, our community leadership and our teaching excellence. We're also known for caring about each student every step of the way.
When you’re a Delta student, you have tons of resources to succeed and people to help every step of the way. Things like free tutoring and writing and presentation support will be here if you need it.
Plus, at Delta, transferring on to a four-year university is easy. You’ll also have access to faculty that really care about you and your success. Become the person you see in your dreams. Come to Delta.
Go ahead. Think big.
We welcome applications for International Admissions!
We are authorized under federal law to admit and enroll non-immigrant alien students. If you meet the admission requirements, Delta College will issue you an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility), which will allow you to apply for a student visa.
Please note: You should depart for the United States only after receiving formal notice of acceptance.
You must be at least 18 years of age or have successfully completed a course of study equivalent to that of high school level.
Applicants are required to submit certified copies of their leaving certificate and certified copies of their courses and grades earned during the last three years of high school.
- Complete and sign the Delta application. Be sure to select 'International Student' under Admissions Status. International students must submit the paper application and should not use the Delta online application.
- Complete and sign the International Student Contract (PDF).
- Complete the Affidavit of Support (PDF). This must be complete by your sponsor and submitted along with copies of bank statements showing evidence of financial support.
- Submit any Official high school and college/university records, translated into English. World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) are examples of companies that provide evaluation of foreign credits for a fee.
- Submit a Personal Essay in English. Essay should be at least 500 words detailing you academic and professional goals and how Delta College can help you achieve these goals.
- Submit Official English Language Test Scores (specific requirements are explained below).
- Submit copies of Visa/Passport and Driver's License (Home county and/or USA).
- Complete the Transfer Approval Form (PDF). This is only required if you are transferring from another institution where and I-20 was created.
- Minimum score required for admission is 500 on the written version or a minimum of 173 on the computer-based version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- At least 5.0 on the IELTS, a minimum score of 69 on the MELAB, and grade 2A from the STEP-EIKEN program
- Official Transcripts proving successful completion of an advanced course of English from a licensed English Language Center (ESL program).
- Delta College is a community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs. We do not offer baccalaureate or graduate degrees. International students can, however, enroll at Delta College for the first two years of their program, and then apply to transfer to a university to complete a baccalaureate degree.
- International students are not eligible for federally funded financial aid programs or scholarships.
- International students are required to maintain full-time enrollment during the academic year. Full-time enrollment is defined as a minimum of 12 credit hours for both Fall & Winter semesters. Spring/Summer semester is optional.
- Limit your employment to only part-time and on-campus. (Part-time is defined as up to 20 hours per week. Employment is not guaranteed.) Regulations do not allow international students to accept off-campus employment without authorization from the Department of Homeland Security.
- Tuition for the academic year. Estimated costs for tuition, fees, books & supplies, health insurance and living expenses for the academic year are $21,500.00. This does not include transportation costs. These expenses are subject to change and are adjusted annually.
- Delta College does not offer on-campus housing. Students are responsible for making their own housing arrangement. Due to the school's rural location, transportation will also be necessary.
- All international students attending Delta College must be covered by health insurance and must provide proof of such insurance before registering for classes.
- Most allied health programs have long waiting lists. Students must consider this upon applying.
All documents such as applications, recommendations, official transcripts, financial statements of support, Affidavits, Certificates of English Proficiency, and medical reports must be in the Admissions Office at least four months preceding the semester you desire to be admitted.
Applying from Home Country
|Semester||Application deadline||Semester begins|
|Fall||May||Last week of August|
|Winter||September||Second week of January|
|Spring||January||Second week of May|
Transferring from USA/Canada Colleges
|Semester||Application deadline||Semester begins|
|Fall||Mid July||Last week of August|
|Early December||Second week of January|
|Early April||Second week of May|
America is a big change! The best ways to combat culture shock is to form habits and rely on your support system. That support system in America can be the International Student Services Office and other international students. Keep in mind that your new challenges will become new successes.
There are over 300 active Honors Programs members.
An interest-free tuition plan that spreads out your payments.
With the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA), 30 credits are guaranteed to transfer to any public institution in Michigan.
"Delta quickly became my home away from home. The student body & staff is extremely welcoming with lots to offer so you make the most of your experience. There are variety of clubs on campus that students can join in any area they are interested in. The international counselors work with you one on one to make sure your transition into the United States is as smooth as it could be. Becoming a Pioneer was one of the greatest decisions I ever made!"
Team Captain - Men's Basketball