Resume Tips & More
You only have one chance to make a first impression; your resume is just that! The average manager reviews a resume for less than a minute. What sets you apart from others? What will that employer remember about you? Please view the links below to assist you in creating a professional and unique resume.
Access to these Internet resources could change and become unavailable at any time. All sites were accessible at the time this page was last revised. This page is offered as an information resource and not as an endorsement of any of the commercial websites listed below.
*Your resume will not be critiqued at our office. Please take your time and spell check, read out loud to yourself, and have a friend review it. When you submit your resume to the ACE Office, it should be a professional document ready to be sent out to the employer.
*Delta College's Career Services department does resume critiques, mock interviews and much more! Click Career Services for a list of services provided and for contact information.
Please use these resources to assist you in creating your resume:
- Resume Guide (doc) will help when drafting your resume; we strongly encourage you to follow the suggestions provided
- SVSU resume tips Visit SVSU to view resume tips, video tutorials and more!
- Sample Resumes - From CollegeRecruiter.com. This service has a fee, but there are dozens of free samples.
- Jobstar.org - Resume advice from the job hunting site affiliated with the Wall Street Journal.
- Online articles from ehow.com: