'You’ve Got This’ Social Media Photo Contest
The contest is now over. Thank you for your submissions. Entries are being reviewed and the winners will be announced October 1.
Important! By entering this contest you agree to our You’ve Got This Contest Rules and Regulations.
Delta College and the Michigan Community College Association are looking for your photographs. We want you to show us what it's like to attend a Michigan community college.
Did we mention that the grand prize is a scholarship worth $3,000 in tuition to one lucky student in the state who posts the best shots on Instagram and/or Twitter?
What is the 'You've Got This' campaign?
The “You’ve Got This” campaign was created to build awareness of Michigan community colleges. To do this, we're looking for students’ “You’ve Got This” moments showing each person’s relationship to his or her local community college.
The contest description from the Michigan Community College Association
“Sometimes your future may seem difficult to reach. College and your career are two of the biggest decisions you will ever make. So the Michigan Community College Association wants to know what’s your secret to success? Show us what ‘You’ve Got This’ means to you as you attend community college. To accomplish this, submit a photo entry to show your story of how you’ve got this with #MCCAYGT — including personal inspiration, how you give back to the community, tools college has given you, or how your career is within your grasp.”
How to Enter
The contest will run from Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014, through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014 – encompassing Michigan’s first-ever Community College Week – and is open to current and future Michigan community college students and alumni. Only entries posted within this date range will be eligible for the contest. All entrants must have an active Instagram and/or Twitter account to participate.
- Follow Delta College on Instagram at http://instagram.com/deltacollege and/or Twitter at https://twitter.com/deltacollege — @deltacollege
- Follow the MCCA on Instagram at http://instagram.com/mccaygt and/or on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/MCCAYGT — @MCCAYGT
- Submit a photo that depicts the ‘You’ve got this’ theme to MCCA’s Twitter or Instagram account (@MCCAYGT). Photos entries must be no larger than 840 x 840 pixels as a .jpg file for online submission.
- Photo entry must include @MCCAYGT to direct the entry to MCCA account.
- Photo must include the hashtags #MCCAYGT and #deltacollege to indicate entry to the ‘You’ve Got This’ contest.
- Photo entries can be submitted from September 13-21.
Qualified entrants have the chance to win the following prizes, with the winners announced on Wednesday, October 1:
- The MCCA will award one statewide winner a scholarship in the amount of $3,000 to be used to cover the cost of tuition at the winner’s Michigan public community college. The scholarship must be used during the Winter 2015, Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 semesters.
- Delta will select three winners. Prizes include merchandise from the Delta College Bookstore.
- Statewide and local winners will be featured on the MCCA and Delta College social media sites, respectively.
For the statewide MCCA award, a team of judges will review all entries and will make a subjective judgment and selection of the contest winner based on its emotional impact and overall effectiveness in illustrating visually the unique/personal connection to the community college and what “You’ve Got This” means to the entrant.