Chemical Process Technology (CPI)
See Chemical Process Technology - Advanced Certificate
See Chemical Process Technology - Associate In Applied Science
The Chemical Process Technology (CPI) program prepares students for employment as production operators in Chemical Manufacturing and other Process Industries. Students enjoy the opportunity to learn in a state-of-the-art process plant located on Delta’s main campus. Completion of a program of study will qualify a student to work in industries such as specialty and basic chemical manufacturing, food and beverage production and oil refining. Skills gained in CPI courses have also proven useful to those seeking employment in power generation and wastewater treatment.
The CPI Curriculum can be tailored to fit a variety of educational goals, including:
- Continuing technical education for experienced operators and supervisors
- Academic certificates
- Two year Associate’s Degree
- Courses Designed for Transfer to a Four Year Institution
CPI Degree / Certificate Options
The Chemical and Process Manufacturing industries offer some of the most dynamic career paths currently available in the Mid-Michigan region. There is a continuing need for new operators who are able to grasp new technology and work effectively in today’s collaborative workplace. More experienced employees find Delta’s programs offer an opportunity to refresh their skills or to improve their chances for advancement.
- Certificate in Chemical Processing Technology: This option is best suited for experienced workers, those with a previous technical degree/experience or those changing from a career in another manufacturing industry
- Associates Degree in Chemical Processing Technology: This two year degree is a good choice for those new to the industry or those wishing to transfer to a four year applied engineering program. Many students also find the Associate’s Degree is a good platform for advancement into supervision and other leadership roles.
Faculty Contact Information