Student Leadership Academy
The Student Leadership Academy provides students the opportunity to develop and enhance their leadership skills by building connections and engaging in active involvement both on campus and in the community. Participants are required to attend a one-day leadership development retreat in August, as well as a series of workshops held during the fall and winter semesters. SLA members will also participate in campus and community projects throughout the academic year.
Qualified student applicants to the Delta College Student Leadership Academy must meet the following criteria:
1. Have completed at least 12 credit hours at Delta College with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (preference will be given to students with fewer than 30 completed hours)
2. Be registered for the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017 semesters
3. Be willing to commit to a year-long program which includes:
Kick-off & Leadership Retreat: Friday, October 14, all-day event, 9am – 3:30pm (location to be announced)
Monthly “Leadership Friday” meetings:
- Fall 2016 Fridays: November 11 and December 9, 12pm – 2pm (locations to be announced)
- Winter 2017 Fridays: January 13, February 10, March 10, and April 14, 12pm – 2pm (locations to be announced)
Participation in campus and community leadership initiatives and service opportunities
How to Apply
Submit the completed application form, a list of two references (preferably Delta College faculty or staff), and a 200-300 word essay detailing your leadership and extracurricular experiences and community service no later than Friday, September 23, 2016. Please submit all application materials to Alison Ginter in the Student and Civic Engagement office (contact information below). Selected students will be notified by October 1, 2016. Detailed program information will be provided in future communication to selected applicants. Application forms can be found on the right side navigation of this website, or can be requested via email to email@example.com, or stop in the Student and Civic Engagement office in A003.
Please contact Alison Ginter at (989) 686-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.