Vendor Sustainability in Action
Delta College is committed to utilizing vendors who proactively offer sustainable options to support the environment. To view what some of these vendors are doing in the areas of sustainability and corporate citizenship, visit the links below.
- Apple (computer systems)
- Focuses on life cycle and product usage impact, at all levels of the process.
- Central Michigan Paper (paper for Printing Services)
- Supports responsible forest management.
- Coca Cola Bottling Company (beverage provider)
- Adopted a "Live Positively" commitment to the way they work and live and have incorporated sustainable practices into the way they use water and packaging, as well as their impact on the climate.
- Dell (computer systems)
- Focused on being a responsible corporate citizen by providing greener, more energy-efficient products and obtaining carbon neutrality.
- FedEx (shipping provider)
- Committed to reducing environmental footprint as they deepen the ways to connect to the global economy, while helping to make communities and the planet more sustainable for future generations
- Fisher Science (lab supplies)
- Commitment to recycling, waste reduction and energy conservation.
- Four Point Products (Bookstore supplies)
- Provides recycled supplies and also recycles over 95% of the scrap materials from the manufacturing process.
- Gordon Food Services (food and related items for Red Brix Cafe and Coffee 'n More)
- Committed to responsibility in corporate sustainability, environmental impact and social responsibility.
- Green Mountain Coffee (coffee in Red Brix Cafe and Coffee 'n More)
- HP (laser printers)
- Commitment to reduce energy consumption and associated greenhouse gases, as well as reducing environmental impact and partnering with environmental organizations.
- John Wiley & Sons (textbook provider)
- Established a company-wide corporate citizenship program, including recycling and conservation, minimizing air travel, and responsible paper sourcing.
- Konica Minolta (Multi-Function Devices)
- Goals support recycling, reducing risk of chemical substances and environmental management, with both mid- and long-term goals.
- McGraw-Hill (textbook publisher)
- Committed to responsible business practices that enhance the economic, social and environmental well-being of the communities where they work and live.
- OfficeMax/Depot (office supplies)
- Promotes sustainability and has a large selection of environmentally friendly products.
- Pepsi (beverage provider)
- Focus is on "Performance with Purpose" in the areas of Human, Environmental and Talent sustainability.
- Ricoh (Printing Services equipment)
- Focus is on environment, society and governance.
- World of Good (Bookstore novelties and gifts)
- The vision is to alleviate poverty by harnessing commerce as a force for good. Artisans receive fair wages, work in clean and safe environments, and use locally harvested and sustainable raw materials.