- On Campus Call 9111
- Off Campus or Centers Call 989-686-9111 or Call 911
- If Public Safety Cannot be contacted Call 911
- In the event of a major utility failure occurring during college hours of operation immediately notify Facilities Management at ext.9240.
- If there is potential danger to building occupants, or if the utility failure occurs after hours, weekends or holidays, notify the Department of Public Safety.
- When the building alarm is sounded, walk to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- ASSIST PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IN EXITING THE BUILDING! Remember that the elevators are reserved for persons with disabilities. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO BY A COLLEGE OFFICIAL.
Additional Information and Procedures
Always observe steps “1” and “2” above whenever the following utility emergencies arise:
Campus building lighting will provide sufficient illumination in corridors and stairs for safe exiting.
If you are trapped in the elevator use the emergency phone to notify the Department of Public Safety. If the elevator does not have an emergency phone, turn on the emergency alarm (located on the front panel) which will signal for help.
Cease using all electrical equipment to avoid shock. If necessary vacate the area.
Serious Gas Leak:
Cease all operations. DO NOT SWITCH ON LIGHTS OR ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT. REMEMBER electrical arcing can trigger an explosion or fire!
Steam Line Failure:
If necessary vacate the area.
If toxic fumes, smoke or strong odors come from the ventilation system, cease all operations and vacate the area.