Explosion or Plane Crash
- Department of Public Safety 9111
- If Public Safety cannot be reached 911
In the event a mishap occurs such as an explosion or a downed aircraft (crash) on campus, take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects, which will give protection against falling glass or debris.
- After the effects of the explosion and/or fire have subsided notify the Frankenlust Fire Department (Emergency 911 and the Department of Public Safety 9111).
- If necessary, or when directed to do so, activate the building alarm. Caution: The building alarm may ring only in some buildings — you may have to report the emergency by telephone or other means.
- When the building evacuation alarm is sounded or when told to leave by College officials walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Assist the handicapped in exiting the building. Remember that elevators are reserved for handicapped persons. Do not use elevators in case of fire. DO NOT panic.
- Once outside move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your area assembly points.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
- A Campus Emergency Command Post may be set up near the disaster site. Keep clear of the Command Post unless you have official business.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a College official.