Chemical or Radiation Spill
- Department of Public Safety 9111
- If Public Safety cannot be reached 911
- Any spillage of a hazardous chemical or radioactive material must be reported immediately to the Department of Public Safety, 9111, which in turn will immediately notify the Frankenlust Twp. Fire Department.
- When reporting, be specific about the nature of the involved material and exact location. Public Safety will contact the necessary specialized authorities and medical personnel.
- The key person on site should vacate the affected area at once and seal it off to prevent further contamination of other areas until the arrival of Public Safety officers.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill is to avoid contact with others as much as possible, remain in the vicinity and give their names to the Public Safety officers at the scene. Required first aid and cleanup by specialized authorities should be started at once.
- If an emergency exists activate the building alarm.
- When the building evacuation alarm is sounded walk to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Assist the handicapped in exiting the building. Remember that the elevators are reserved for the handicapped person’s use. DO NOT use elevators in case of fire. DO NOT panic.
- Once outside move to a clear area at least 500 feet away from the building/s. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrants and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
- A Campus Emergency Command Post may be set up near the emergency site. Keep clear of the command post unless you have official business.
- DO NOT return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a College official.