Upgrade your skills, be a GM dealership service technician. The GM-ASEP program includes classes that are held at Delta College and related work experience at a General Motors dealership or an ACDelco Professional Service Center (PSC) repair facility.
To qualify for this program, you must be sponsored by a General Motors dealership or ACDelco PSC repair facility. To apply, use the specific GM ASEP program application.
As an automotive master mechanic, it is expected that there will be a demand for workers over the next 10 years.
In this field, it is estimated you could earn $29,400 a year.
Visit Career Coach for more details.
- Automotive Master Mechanic
- Automotive Engineering Technician
- Automotive Specialist
At Delta, you get hands-on experience in Automotive Service Technology courses. We have two automotive labs and a number of vehicles that are used as teaching aids to help you understand the modern, sophisticated automobile.
About Delta's program
- The General Motors Automotive Service Educational Service Educational Program (ASEP) includes classroom and laboratory sessions on up-to-date General Motors products as well as work experience at a General Motors dealership or an ACDelco TSS Service Center.
- Each specialized subject is taught in the classroom and automotive laboratory and followed by related work experience
- The ASEP student must have a sponsorship from a GM Dealership or ACDelco TSS.
- The main responsibility of the sponsor is to provide employment for the ASEP student during all of the required ASEP work experience courses.
- All tuition, fees, housing (if needed) and textbook costs are the responsibility of the student.
- Students are required to have tools for training and work experience. ASEP students
may select any brand of tools. It may be possible to obtain an educational discount
for most well-known brands.
- The completion of the general education courses in the program add a balance of qualities vital to working in today's service industry.
Why you should choose Delta
Life is busy. But that shouldn't get in the way of your education. Delta offers classes at night, on weekends and online to make taking classes and getting that degree easier. Plus, Delta has off-campus centers so you can take classes even closer to home.
You can get hands-on experience in your field while you're working toward that degree. I know. It's awesome! Plus, you'll even get paid. That's co-op! Check it out.
At the Teaching Learning Center, located in the Library, we offer tutoring on a wide variety of subjects, and help with developing study and learning skills. Most tutoring is on a walk-in basis but we do have some online tutoring options.
Best of all, it's free for currently enrolled Delta students. Just another way we demonstrate our commitment to helping students succeed.
One of the very best things about Delta College is your ability to start here and go anywhere. And, in the process, save thousands (and thousands) of dollars. It's a smart choice!
In fact, if you're interested in earning a bachelor's, you have several options by coming to Delta first, and then transferring.
Facts & Figures
Our students get the latest technology so they can graduate and be ready to hit the ground running.
1 in 8 people in our community age 17-70 have taken a class at Delta.
Delta College offers over 150 degree, certificate and training options. Continue exploring and advancing your education with these related programs.
- Automotive Service Technology - Associate
- Automotive Service Technology - Certificate
- Automotive - Dual degree with General Management - Associate
- Heavy Duty Diesel Service Technology - Associate