Start your career in the environmental technology field or enhance your current career and job mobility. Earn an Associate in Applied Science in environmental technology.
This growing field has many opportunities. With a motivated individual to provide protection of our vital environmental resources there is a demand for skilled individuals which continues to grow.
With an advanced certificate, you could have increased earning potential. Or, if you continue on to get a bachelor's degree, you could become an environmental compliance inspector or pursue another environmental career.
In this field, it is estimated you could earn $41,677 a year.
Visit Career Coach for more details.
- Environmental Health
- Natural Resources Technician
- Recycling/Sustainability Consultant
- Regulatory Compliance Specialist
At Delta, you get small classes, professors who see your potential and resources to help you succeed. Delta professors are here to teach. And, they're really good at it.
About Delta's Program
One of the very best things about Delta College is your ability to start here and go anywhere. And, in the process, save thousands of dollars. It's a smart choice to get your associate's and then transfer on!
In this program, you'll gain skills and knowledge in the areas of:
- Lab sampling techniques and writing of technical and field reports
- Compliance with federal, state and local environmental health and safety regulations
- Working effectively with a diverse group of business, industry and regulatory bodies
Why you should choose Delta
Our faculty are highly trained and routinely have experience in the field. Faculty often work with students as they begin to make career choices. Many classes offer interactive lecture, activity and hands-on lab sessions. Check out our travel courses, blended courses (combination of classroom and internet-based) and online courses. Courses range from introductory to those more advanced that satisfy the first two years of four-year degrees in science, engineering, medicine, and more.
- Understanding specific environmental and safety regulations related to the work environment;
- computer competency;
- basic understanding of chemical and biological terminology;
- ability to read and understand technical materials as well as translating what is read into performance;
- ability to write comprehensive technical reports;
- critical thinking;
- ability to collect and maintain data;
- ability to make routine mathematical computations;
- understanding for how environmental health and safety regulations are developed and codified; and
- understanding of the interrelation of environmental issues.
Life is busy. But that shouldn't get in the way of your education. Delta offers classes at night, on weekends and online to make taking classes and getting that degree easier. Plus, Delta has learning centers, so you can take classes even closer to home.
At the Teaching Learning Center, located in the Library, we offer tutoring on a wide variety of subjects, and help with developing study and learning skills. Most tutoring is on a walk-in basis, but we do have some online tutoring options.
Best of all, it's free for currently enrolled Delta students. Just another way we demonstrate our commitment to helping students succeed.
One of the very best things about Delta College is your ability to start here and go anywhere. And, in the process, save thousands (and thousands) of dollars. It's a smart choice!
In fact, if you're interested in earning a bachelor's degree, you have several options by coming to Delta first, and then transferring.
Consider becoming a member of the Biology Club! This group’s mission is to engage in activities to further their own knowledge of the environment, to explore the wonders of the environment and pass that knowledge on to others, so that they may also enjoy and respect the world around us.
We'd love for you to join us!
Facts & Figures
With the Michigan Transfer Agreement, 30 credits are guaranteed to transfer to any public institution in Michigan.
1 in 8 people in our community, ages 17-70, has taken a class at Delta.