Practicum In Water/Wastewater TreatmentWET 265
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 2 and MATH LEVEL 6, and WET 210 and WET 212 and WET 215 and WET 244 and WET 246, each with a minimum "C" (2.
0) grade, and must be taken during final semester with permission of program director. Provides opportunities to perform technical procedures through structured field experience in water and wastewater treatment plants. Emphasizes gaining experience under plant managers and operating personnel with goal of developing organizational skills and responsibility necessary for entry-level employment. Uses rotation through assigned areas of experience in water treatment for 160 hours and continuous experience in wastewater treatment for 160 hours of in-plant services for total of 320 hours minimum required. Credit may be earned in WWT 265 or WET 265, but not in both. (0-320 OJT)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate the Performance Skills approved by the State of Michigan for Water Environment Technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in monitoring filter performance, calculating filter rate, adjusting filter rates, and backwashing filters.
- In the area of Chemical Treatment:
- In the area of Pump Operations:
- In the area of Plant Maintenance:
- In the Laboratory:
- In the area of Administration:
- Complete the following: