Exploratory Gas Tungsten Arc WeldingWELD 106
Discuss general safety, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) safety, welding terms and definitions, filler metal, electrode and gas selection. Includes laboratory exercises in starting an arc and running bead on plate. (10-5)
Outcomes and Objectives
Understand the theory of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
- Describe the significance of this welding process in manufacturing and industry
- Discuss relationships with other welding processes.
Demonstrate appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Describe the value of the use of safety equipment.
- Identify proper protective equipment.
- Apply safety procedures in all laboratory activities.
Demonstrate appropriate equipment operation.
- Describe the importance of proper equipment set-up.
- Apply proper procedures when setting up equipment.
Demonstrate proper techniques to complete a tack weld.
- Describe the value of proper body positioning, visual factors, material prep and positioning and tacking.
- Apply tack welds.