Academic Sustainability TravelTTI 200
Includes 12 hours of on-campus instruction and 18 hours of academic travel at the determined location. Gains knowledge of the location prior to departure with the objective of developing a sustainability project. Presents final project to an applicable professional body after completion of travel. An honors option may be possible. (12-18)
Outcomes and Objectives
Discuss the history and culture of an academic location.
- Identify literary and artistic works.
- Describe the agriculture.
- Explain the economic situation.
- Describe community health and development aspects.
Summarize the architecture and geography of an academic travel location.
- Identify historical architecture.
- Detail existing sustainable projects and structures.
- Describe geographical features of the location.
Prepare a Sustainability Assessment.
- Identify the needs of the people being affected or served.
- Identify available local materials.
- Compare available transportation methods.
- Analyze local construction methods.
- Propose a Sustainable Project.
Complete academic travel to the location.
- Develop a new sustainable project for the location.
- Propose a plan to improve an in-place sustainable practice.
- Provide a plan for adapting a sustainable practice that is in-place at the travel location for use in the student's community.
- Work on an ongoing sustainable project at the travel location.
Assess and present results.
- Rate success or feasibility of the project.
- Prepare presentation using presentation software and/or digital media.
- Relate the presentation to an applicable professional body.