Projects in Community ServicesSOC 159
Student volunteers will be assigned in groups to assist agency staff in programs in the tri-city area working will populations of need. Students will be assigned on the basis of preferred interests. Supportive seminar will provide structure and supervision for an experience in the field of human services. Students may elect to take SOC 157, 158, and 159, however, only a total of three (3) credit hours can be earned in these courses. (15-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Apply their knowledge of social work field through continued direct service in the community.
- Demonstrate dependability through adhering to attendance standards.
- Perform tasks effectively and willing accept assignments.
- Demonstrate consideration of others and respect confidentiality.
- Accept supervision in a positive and co-operative manner.
- Seek out opportunities to learn new skills and abilities.
- Identify priorities and display initiative towards duties.
Understand roles performed by human service professionals.
- Develop good relations with staff, public, and other volunteers.
- Understand the importance of inter-disciplinary teams in the social work field
- Effectively communicate thoughts in a clear, logical and concise manner with other team members.
- Handle conflicts with others in an objective, mature manner.