Measurement SystemsSKQA 140
Introduces skill development in measurement analysis and measurement systems management. Emphasizes industrial measurement issues involving mechanical gauging and inspection instruments. Determines gauge and dimensional relationships along with describing the various types of industrial gauges and their usage. Explores gauge management issues and ISO 9000 requirements. Credit may be earned in either QA 140 or SKQA 140 but not in both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Describe the General Measurement System Guidelines.
- Explain the issues involved with a Measurement System
Determine the Procedures for Assessing Measurement Systems.
- Describe the requirements for measurement system analysis:
- Participate in the analysis of measurement systems:
Describe the Key Elements of a gauge program.
- Describe the management of the gauge program - per ISO 9001
- Describe and determine the issues involved with managing a gauge program.
Determine the types of gauges needed based on application.
- Describe and explain the various industrial gauges and their usage.
- Describe calibration and verification issues for various types of measurement devices: