Sheetmetal IIISKMT 173
Prerequisite: SKMT 172. Continuation of Sheetmetal Layout II. Emphasis placed on the layout and construction of patterns found in the industrial plant. Special projects will be assigned. (20-25)
Outcomes and Objectives
Evaluate progress of SKMT 172 to find at what point to continue with SKMT 173. Class will start (will vary) at instructor's discretion.
- Rectangular Fittings - transitions and offsets with square to rounds.
- Round Fittings - tapers and tess on tapers.
- Irregualr Fittings - round branches
Identify sheet metal fittings and which type of development is required for layout.
- Parallel line development.
- Radial line development.
Learn different types of connections for round and rectangular fittings and how they are assembled for installation.
- Drives and SS's.
- Companion flanges.
- Ductmate - Nexux.
Learn how fittings (round and rectangular) are put together to get from point A to point B.
- Throw of angled fittings.
- Pythagorean Theorem.
- Offset lengths of any given angle.
- Roll of any angle and stretch outs of heels, throats and turning vanes.