Utility Worker TrainingSKEL 136
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: Current validation for Lineworker Level I program.
Corequisites: SKEL 134 and SKEL 138 . Provides participants with the basic Ground Worker/Utility Worker knowledge and skills necessary to progress through the Lineworker/Electrical Utility Program. (15-63)
Outcomes and Objectives
Understand both overhead and underground construction activities.
- Operate/maintain forestry equipment such as chain saws, pole saws and hand saws as well as understanding the rules and procedures for operating this equipment on the ground and aloft
- Operate/maintain trenching/backhoe equipment and perform loading/unloading of equipment for transport
- Operate/set-up digger derricks
- Operate truck mounted winches and capstan
- Demonstrate the techniques to rescue an incapacitated student from an aerial lift device
- Perform the use of hand signals, prepare a transformer for installation, conduct a routine patrol, tie basic knots and identify common tools, material and equipment
- Identify the rules and regulations concerning Tailboard Conferences
- Install/label primary and secondary URD cables