Industrial Millwright ProceduresSKCT 101
Prerequisite: SKDR 101. A course for millwrights emphasizing blueprint reading, layout of typical industrial construction, equipment, and safety and guarding. Topics covered include plan and elevation prints of building footings and foundation, mechanical services, equipment and machinery foundations, ventilation systems, catwalks, decking, platforms, and various conveying systems. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Understand machinery and equipment installation.
- Setup ARC method, using 3-4-5 method.
- Perform piano-wire line.
- Perform horizontal and vertical level methods.
Understand transit and coupling alignment.
- Analyze rigid couplings, flexible couplings.
- Perform coupling alignment.
- Analyze temperature change.
Demonstrate an understanding with strucutral steel, blueprints, and layouts.
- Describe American standard angles.
- Analyze clearance cuts and connections (2-angle type).
- Interpret fabricating terms.
- Perform wrench functions.
Demonstrate an understanding of the framing square and layout tools.
- Analyze the edge, try square, and training square.
- Demonstrate the layout of tools.
- Describe hip rafters, valley rafters, jack rafters, and cripple rafters.
- Use proper layout tools to layout rafters.
Understand basic bearing techniques.
- Analyze radial, thrust, and plain bearings.
- Use proper equipment and shop environment when handling bearings.
- Analyze proper lubrication.
- Perform proper installation and procedures for bearing.