Clinical Education 3 SeminarRT 229
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: RT 150.
Concurrent enrollment in RT 207, RT 212, RT 214, RT 216, RT 226, RT 231. Provides the opportunity to integrate the classroom and clinical activities of the concurrent courses in a seminar format. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate, within a seminar format, the ability to:
- Review existing data in the patient record, e.g., patient history, physical examination, vital signs, respiratory care orders, progress notes, and appropriate diagnostic tests, e.g.; results of electrolytes, hemoglobin and hematocrit, CBC, hemodynamic monitoring, 02 transport studies, Gram's stain, culture and sensitivity, etc.
- Recommend additional procedures to obtain additional data, e.g., x-ray of upper airway, blood gas analysis, spirometry, pulse oximetry, results of electrolytes, hemoglobin and hematocrit, CBC, hemodynamic monitoring, 02 transport studies, Gram's stain, culture and sensitivity, etc.
- Evaluate additional pertinent clinical information from patient interview and physical assessment.
- Interpret the results of appropriate diagnostic procedures.
- Determine the appropriateness of the prescribed respiratory care plan and recommend modifications where indicated.