Rehabilitation and Home CareRT 216
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: RT 150.
Concurrent enrollment in RT 207, RT 212, RT 214, RT 226, RT 229, RT 231. Presents the theory and application of skills required to provide pulmonary rehabilitation and home care. (13-4)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate, through successful completion of written examination and/or return demonstration, the ability to:
- Select, demonstrate, and teach and explain the basis for rehabilitative maneuvers and relate to physiology and pathology.
- Describe the pathology, socio-emotional aspects, and life style of the typical chronic respiratory patient likely to be receiving rehabilitation and/or home care.
- Demonstrate and teach the set-up and maintenance of home care equipment to include:
- Describe a typical smoking cessation program.
- Counsel patients and family members regarding a smoking cessation program.
- Describe a typical sleep study program.