Clinical Ed 2 SeminarRT 149
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: RT 117, RT 118, RT 121, RT 126, and RT 131.
RT 132, RT 135, and RT 146 must be taken concurrently. Provides the opportunity to integrate the classroom and clinical activities of the concurrent courses in a seminar format. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate, within seminar format, the ability to:
- Review existing data in the patient record, e.g., patient history, physical examination, vital signs, respiratory care orders, progress notes, and appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Recommend additional procedures to obtain additional data, e.g., chest x-ray, blood gas analysis, spirometry, pulse oximetry, etc.
- Evaluate additional pertinent clinical information from patient interview and physical assessment.
- Interpret the results of the above named procedures.
- Determine the appropriateness of the prescribed respiratory care plan and recommend modifications where indicated.