Residential CADRC 203
Introduces residential design using a 3-D drawing program. Moves from basic plan replication to the designing, drawing, and plotting of a set of construction drawings. (15-60)
Outcomes and Objectives
Develop computer literacy skills.
- Create and save files to multiple destinations.
- Demonstrate the concept of file management.
Utilize the basic data of the main screen menus.
- Identify and use the pull down menus.
- Create their own customized toobars.
- Investigate all the zoom and camera functions.
Build a plan default scheme.
- Create defaults for multiple tools.
- Create and save a plan default
- Demonstrate how to start a new plan.
- Select and create wall types (default and customized).
Draw a basic residential floor plan and foundation plan.
- Create rooms with walls, railing and room off.
- Properly label rooms.
- Alter floor heights and ceiling heights.
- Complete dimenson of floor plan and foudnation plan.
- Builds stairs from fllor to floor ( utilize "open below").
- Add appropriate symbols to floor plan and foundation plan (doors, windows, cabinets, fire place, fixtures etc.) with the use of the "Library."
- Demonstrate the various functions of the auto roof generator.
- Utilize the manual roof techniques.
- Add detail into drawings using 2D CAD Tools.
- Use CAD details to control the use of additional darwings based on original floor plan.
Produce and plot a basic set of construction drawings.
- Create a layout "o" page.
- Send drawings to layout pages.
- Plot a layout.