Construction Management PortfolioRC 120
Prerequisite: Instructor permission required to register. Assists with the documentation of 2000 hours of recent and relevant work experience in the construction industry. This documentation will include an inventory of developed job skills and employer verification. Includes the development of a construction industry targeted resume and how to use this information in a job search.(15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Document a minimum of 2000 hours of recent and relevant work experience.
- Determine the relevance of previous work experience.
- Develop and provide appropriate employment documentation.
- Produce a complete employment history complete with developed job skills
Complete an employment application, resume, cover letter, and follow-up.
- Gather information for properly completing an employment application.
- Recognize the types of resumes including, chronological, functional, combination, online, and targeted.
- Determine when to appropriately use each type of resume.
- Produce an acceptable, professional-looking resume.
- Discuss the purpose of a cover letter.
- Describe the proper format of a cover letter.
- Produce an appropriate cover letter.
- Discuss when and how to do a proper follow-up.