Framing SquareRC 114
Uses the framing square and speed square in construction. Credit may be earned in either RC 114 or SKCT 114 but not both. (60-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify all scales and tables found on the standard framing square.
- Demonstrate board foot calculations using the Essex Board Foot scale
- Describe an octagon using the scale found on the square
- Determine the length of an even rise run brace
- Determine the length of a common rafter
- Establish the length of a jack rafter
- Determine the length of a hip rafter
Calculate and layout all building components relative to the framing square.
- Student will calculate and layout:
Calculate building dimensions for roofing components using a speed square.
- Student will calculate irregular roof framing components.