Clinical Seminar 3RAD 225W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: RAD 160, RAD 165W, RAD 212 each with a "C" (2.
0) minimum grade. Concurrent enrollment in RAD 220, RAD 258W. Provides the student with opportunities to enhance the clinical education experience. Emphasizes the correlation of all aspects of radiographic procedures. Includes radiographic image critique. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Research, read, interpret and organize information and put into appropriate written case study format over assigned topics.
- Research patient records, diagnostic images, radiologist reports/interviews, textbooks, journals, and other appropriate resources.
- Identify relevant information from sources.
- Select important information from appropriate resources.
- Draw relevant conclusions from resources.
- Organize a written case study to interpret appropriate information.
- Summarize and include all necessary information using appropriate writing skills.
Orally present and discuss case studies over assigned topics following appropriate format.
- Utilizing medical images and written research, present case studies on individual patients over assigned topics.
- Compare case study on patient with pathologic condition.
- Differentiate between medical images on normal case and abnormal study.
- Introduce an additional case that includes special projections or procedures related to the case.
- Integrate theory with practice utilizing medical images to support the theory.
Reflect upon clinical experience through journaling.
- Identify challenges
- Brainstorm solutions to challenges
- Identify successes
Perform radiographic critique.
- Evaluate radiographs for: