Clinical Seminar 1RAD 140W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: RAD 110, RAD 120W, RAD 122, RAD 150, RAD 205W, RAD 210W, RAD 215, LWA 206B, LWA 206C each with a "C" (2.
0) minimum grade. Concurrent enrollment in RAD 135, RAD 230, RAD 235, RAD 264. Provides the student with opportunities to enhance the clinical education experience. Emphasizes the correlation of all aspects of radiographic procedures. Includes radiographic image critique. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Research, read, interpret and organize information and put into appropriate written case study format over assigned topics.
- Research patient records, diagnostic images, radiologist reports/interviews, textbooks, journals, and other appropriate resources.
- Identify relevant information from sources.
- Select important information from appropriate resources.
- Draw relevant conclusions from resources.
- Organize a written case study to interpret appropriate information.
- Summarize and include all necessary information using appropriate writing skills.
Orally present and discuss case studies over assigned topics following appropriate format.
- Utilizing medical images and written research, present case studies on individual patients over assigned topics.
- Compare case study on patient with pathologic condition.
- Differentiate between medical images on normal case and abnormal study.
- Introduce an additional case that includes special projections or procedures related to the case.
- Integrate theory with practice utilizing medical images to support the theory.
Reflect upon clinical experience through journaling
- Identify challenges
- Brainstorm solutions to challenges
- Identify successes