Quality Systems IQA 124
Prerequisite QA 120 or permission of instructor. Personnel in management and supervisory positions will demonstrate the skills to effectively plan and implement a quality system and show its relationship to other functions in an organization. This is done through the study of the Quality Function and its applications applied to service, business and industry. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Define and show the relationship of the quality system to other organizational structures.
- Identify the quality functions
- Identify the needed organizational structures based on the type of product or service generated
- Relate the quality functions to the required organizational structures
Design a system to capture and apply quality systems information for decision-making.
- Identify the requirements for decision-making
- Define what information is needed from the quality system to meet the decision-making requirements
- Plan how to obtain that information from the quality system
Demonstrate how to organize and implement quality systems to help develop a quality driven culture.
- Define a quality driven culture requirement
- Design quality systems to meet the culture requirements
Apply the tools necessary to identify customer needs and design the system to meet those needs.
- Identify tools to define customer needs and requirements
- Use these tools to define a customer's requirements
- Design quality systems to meet the customer's requirements