Basic Maternal ChildPNE 125W
Prerequisite: PNE 122W and PNE 122LW with a minimum grade of "C" (2.0). Concurrent enrollment in PNE 123W, 123LW, and 125LW is required. Focuses on basic family centered maternity care, growth and development, care of pediatric patients and their families, assisting with attaining optimal state of wellness. This course has a concurrent lab course. For successful completion, a grade of at least a "C" must be earned in this course and its concurrent lab course (theory grade will be the same as lab grade). (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate Human Flourishing, Nursing Judgment and Spirit of Inquiry while developing Professional Identity as a PN to improve the quality of care for patients, famlies and communities.
- Analyze ethical and legal guidelines within the healthcare environment and the potential consequences for all ages and sexes.
- Collaborate with the registered nurse to idenfity priority nursing interventions related to physical, psychosocial and cultural needs of all ages and sexes.
- Document, integrate and evaluate relevant assessment data of all ages and sexes that includes pathophysiology, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Collaborate with other health care team members in the formulation, evaluation and revision of an individualized paln of care for all ages and sexes.
- Maintain professional behaviors and serve as a role model within the healthcare team for all ages and sexes.
- Demonstrate employability attributes through a positive work ethic.
- Demonstrate safe performance of nursing skills and medication administration (per facility policy) in the provision of nursing care to all ages and sexes.
- Utilize therapeutic communication in all interactions to promote patient centered care for all ages and sexes.
- Function as a collegial member of the healtcare team to mpromote patient centered care for all ages and sexes.