Care of Adult II LabPNE 123LW
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: PNE 122W and PNE 122LW with a minimum grade of "C" (2.
0). Requires concurrent enrollment in PNE 123W, PNE 125W, PNE 125LW. Focuses on application of the PN competencies of Human Flourishing, Nursing Judgment, Professional Identity and Spirit of Inquiry while providing care for a group of clients and learning group dynamics. This lab course has a concurrent theory course. For successful completion, a grade of at least a "C" must be earned in this course and it's concurrent theory course (lab grade will the the same as theory grade). (0-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate Human Flourishing, Nursing Judgment, and Spirit of Inquiry while developing Professional identity as a PN to improve the quality of care for patients, families and communities.
- Analyze ethical and legal guidelines within the healthcare environment and the potential consequences.
- Collaborate with the registered nurse to identify priority nursing interventions relatead to physical, psychosocial and cultural needs of the adult.
- Document, integrate and evaluate relevant adult assessment data including pathophysiology, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Collaborate with other health care team members in the formulation, evaluation and revision of an individualized plan of care for the adult.
- Maintain professional behaviors and serve as a role model within the healthcare team.
- Consider career mobility options to enhance professional growth.
- Demonstrate safe performance of nursing skills and medication administration (per facility policy) in the provision of nursing care to a group of adults.
- Utilize therapeutic communication in all interactions to promote relationship centered care.
- Function as a collegial member of the healthcare team to promote patient centered care.