Physics IIPHY 212
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 2, and MTH 162 and PHY 211 both with a minimum grade of "C" (2.
0). Examines the basic physical principles involving electricity, magnetism, light, and modern physics. Meets the needs of Science and Engineering majors. (75-45)
Outcomes and Objectives
Solve general physics problems with mathematics through calculus.
- Use algebra, trigonometry, and calculus skills to solve physics problems.
- Evaluate quantities and express them in different unit systems.
Demonstrate understanding of electricity and magnetism
- Solve problems/questions of electrostatics.
- Solve problems/questions of electrodynamics.
- Solve problems/questions of magnetostatics.
- Solve problems/questions using Maxwell’s Equations.
- Discuss the physics of induction.
Demonstrate understanding of the principles of electric circuits.
- Solve problems/questions for both AC and DC circuitry.
- Explain the qualitative aspects of charge in a circuit.
Demonstrate understanding of the principles of optics.
- Solve problems/questions related to EM waves.
- Solve problems/questions dealing with geometric optics.
- Solve problems/questions dealing with wave optics.
Demonstrate laboratory skills.
- Perform measurements with appropriate devices.
- Use significant digits in calculations correctly.
- Analyze data from experiments to draw conclusions.
- Use technology associated with a science laboratory.
- Use appropriate safety protocols in the laboratory.
- Produce reports from experimental work.
- Demonstrate understanding of the scientific method.