Medical Transcription: IntermediateOAT 262
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: OAT 260 or OSE 260 or OSE 276 with a minimum grade of C (2.
0). Develops increasing proficiency in medical transcription skills through the use of progressively more complex material and an emphasis on student self reliance in the production of accurate and/or mailable medical documents. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Accurately produce a variety of medical documents transcribed directly from transcription equipment.
- Research and identify unfamiliar terminology
- Produce operative notes, discharge summaries, radiology reports, progress notes, and other documents as assigned
- Transcribe material dictated by speakers using various accents, dialects, and speech patterns
- Demonstrate transcription proficiency on production timings and examinations
Use available resources to proofread and correct transcription errors.
- Effectively use medical and English dictionaries and drug reference materials
- Use electronic spell check features as assigned
- Develop an awareness of contextual logic in the production of medical documents
- Produce final-copy transcription without access to pre-transcribed answer keys in correcting assigned materials