Electronic CalculationOAT 175
Prerequisite: MATH LEVEL 2 and READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 3. Develops the touch system of data entry for addition and incorporates the functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for various business applications using electronic calculating tools. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate a mastery of the operating features of electronic calculating tools.
- Use basic mathematical functions
- Use electronic calculating tools
Demonstrate a mastery of the touch system on the 10-key pad.
- Assume correct posture and hand position
- Keystroke rapidly and accurately by touch
Demonstrate a mastery of the fundamental operations of electronic calculating tools.
- Perform the following operations:
- Addition and subtraction
- Repeat addition and subtraction
- Constant factors
- Multiple factors
- Accumulation of products
- Amount and percent of change
- Constant divisor
- Accumulation of quotients
- Chain division
- Combined operations
Develop efficient work habits.
- Attend class promptly and consistently
- Follow written and oral directions
- Complete and submit homework on time