Applied Music Instrumental Major--FreshmanMUS 183
Prerequisite: Permission of music department. Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate foundational tonal and technical performance skills (Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings).
- Demonstrate basic vibrato
- Demonstrate wide dynamic control on chromatic scale throughout range of instrument
- Memorize chromatic scale full range of instrument
- Memorize all major scales in various articulations, full range of instrument. Work toward 16th notes at quarter note=100.
Demonstrate a foundational level of stylistic interpretation.
- Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings: