Applied Music Piano Minor--FreshmanMUS 171
Prerequisite: Permission of music department. Private instruction/lessons provided and a minimum number of hours of weekly practice is required. A jury examination will be held at the end of each semester. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Develop technical skills.
- Play all major scales , 2 octaves, HS/ HT, as 8th notes with the quarter at 60-80.
- Play all major triads and inversions.
- Play cadence chords in all major keys.
- Play white key major arpeggios, 2 octaves, standard fingerings.
Study classical piano repertoire and prepare for performance in jury.
- Prepare 3 pieces, memorized, in contrasting styles and from 3 historical periods. Suggested minimum level repertoire:
Perform for piano jury evaluation at end of semester.
- Play scales, chords, and arpeggios in 2-3 keys.
- Play 2 pieces, at least 1 memorized.