Music Appreciation IIMUS 112
Prerequisite: MUS 111 or permission of instructor. Continued study of instrumental music (concerto small ensemble). Promotes an understanding of and for vocal forms (Opera, art, song, large choral work, i.e., oratorios, masses). (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate an understanding of the creative principles of music.
- Review the elements of music (Melody, Harmony, Form, Color, and Rhythm)
- Describe and define creativity
Identify the major composers and stylistic features of Western music.
- Identify textures, and cultural background of:
- Know the major composers from each of the above periods
- Analyze, outline, and discuss major compositions for their design and their social impacts.