Music Elements IIMUS 110
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: MUS 100 or permission of instructor.
Continues study of basic music elements such as rhythm, meter, form, melody and harmony. Applies music elements to the communication of musical concepts. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify musical elements.
- Listen and identify basic music elements.
- Describe and discuss various basic music elements.
Demonstrate learned musical concepts effectively.
- Show comprehension by demonstrating various basic music concepts such as rhythm, meter, form, melody and harmony effectively.
- Provide examples of various music elements through personal demonstration and/or recordings.
Develop a session for communicating musical elements.
- Explore various ways of demonstrating and communicating music elements.
- Prepare a short lesson explaining one of the musical elements.